Work / Designer by day
After hacking technology in college and calling it "installation art," I stumbled onto a career designing software I hope is more "humane". My major professional work has been with:
- Zazzle | Director of Design & Strategy
A broad mandate over ◼◼ 1+ years.
- SkyGrid | VP of Product
Designed & built two apps in ◼ 1 year.
- ZURB | Partner, Design Lead
200+ products over ◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼ 8 years.
Interviews, talks & publications I've given professionally:
Play / Designer by night
I love when hobbies line up with workyou end up getting better, faster, at both. These selections are ideas I have written and shared about design, management, data science, and basketball.
Design & Management
- Six Principles of Logo Design Fundamental patterns to follow
- The Antidote to Know-It-All Management When it is better to say, "I don't know"
- What Learning Looks Like Breaking just outside your comfort zone
- Steve Martin Why I love the guy and what I learned from him
- The 10 Most Important Words in Design & Business Illustrated reference to some important stuff
- Three Kinds of Lies With Data Observations about data analysis, inspired by Mark Twain
- Charles Darwin: Prototypical Designer Rainy Sunday musings while staring at Charles' sketchbook
Data Science & Basketball
- Battles of the Barnes How the Warriors could've been in first place.
- Clutch Is Overrated How the end of the game isn't so special
- Putting Back the "Kobe Assist" Analyst Kirk Goldberry's amazing work falls into the "star trap"
- Are the Warriors Right? Is their new GM is smarter than yours?
- Amateur journalism covering the 2012 Western Economics Association conference: (1) What Are Sports Economists Like?, (2) Six Pieces of Cutting Edge Research, and (3) Insiders, Outsiders & Good Talks
Talk / Get in touch
Catch me @forgttenboy or jeremyebritton@gmail!